As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building, architecting, scaling, maintaining, and expanding our enterprise data processing application that converts raw sensory information into value for our customers.
We maintain one of the largest image processing platforms in agriculture with some of the most demanding latency and performance requirements, processing and analyzing terabytes of data on a daily basis with distributed cloud computing applications.
Ideal candidates will deeply understand distributed computing applications managed with Python task queues in cloud platforms. Performance analysis on big data relational databases and optimization of task execution will bring the best value to sustainable feature development and value-add for our customers.
Candidates should meet industry standards of quality code and a strong grasp of architecture that others strive to learn from and measure up to. Successful candidates will possess drive and ability to self start within a start-up company environment, where challenges are common and clarity of communication is critical.
- Develop mission critical features for our backend systems and data pipeline applications
- Rapidly triage and solve any instability within our infrastructure and maintain the highest operational standards for its performance
- Be aware of architectural strengths and weaknesses while constantly iterating on abstractions to ensure lean and reusable components
- Closely work with Product Development and Product Owners to efficiently size, groom and prioritize user stories in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Participate in code reviews, software architecture discussions, while delivering software that efficiently scales with our customers and evolving needs.
- Ensuring quality software through appropriate testing coverage, measurable performance metrics, and quality releases through continuous deployment
- Troubleshoot, triage, and fix production issues or bugs rapidly
- Expert understanding of Python 3.7+, library management and emerging Python standards
- 2+ years of experience with scaling and monitoring distributed task queues or messaging brokers
- Capable system operations and command line skills in a linux environment
- Extensive use and optimization of SQL query optimizations and schema designs
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Autoscalers and Docker orchestration.
- Ability to maintain and monitor CI/CD pipelines in your sleep
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- BS Degree or equivalent experience