Do you want to work with a fast-growing technology startup focused on precision agriculture? Do you want to ship cutting-edge robotics, computer vision, and machine learning products?
We are seeking an energetic, hands-on, team-oriented and responsible individual to fill the Senior Engineer role on our Robotics team. In this role, you will have ownership over the full product development life cycle: planning, design, development, testing, and field deployment. This position requires an understanding of how to convert product requirements, technical requirements, and designs into a robust, functional, physical product that lives autonomously in greenhouses across the world.
You are familiar with industry standards of tolerances, materials, and safety requirements of various manufacturing processes, with an emphasis on low-volume fabrication strategies for large products. Ideally you have an in-depth understanding of design for harsh industrial environments such as IP67 waterproofing, high thermal loads in varying ambient temperatures, and significant vibration exposure. You have designed and implemented both static and moving systems, with assemblies spanning tens to hundreds of parts.
IUNU’s core values revolve around grit, innovation, and doing the right thing. IUNU’s flat organizational structure lends itself to the person willing to speak their mind and challenge the status quo in order to fulfill the ultimate mission of delivering the best possible solutions to our customers.
- Create, implement, and improve LUNA’s robotic devices
- Constantly raise the bar for the mechanical components of our robots and hardware installations with a focus on reliability, safety, and consistency
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve manufacturing (in-house and contracted) with respect to cost, timeliness, and quality, making the appropriate recommendations and tradeoffs as necessary
- Author, maintain, and approve engineering drawings, build processes, and acceptance criteria, and continually improve Quality Assurance and Quality Compliance
- Work closely with electrical, firmware, application, and other mechanical engineers to efficiently size, groom, and prioritize work items in an Agile Scrum environment
- Troubleshoot, triage, and fix production issues and design or manufacturing related problems rapidly
- Participate in accelerated testing of components for determining MTBF, lifespan, maintenance cycles and the associated acceptance criteria based upon business needs
- Open to travel 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or related technical field with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- At least 3 years experience designing and analyzing parts and assemblies in SolidWorks
- Solid understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories, and techniques in mechanical engineering
- Experience converting non-technical inputs into objectively verifiable engineering requirements that create a product that delights the customer
- Ability to quickly turn a finalized design into a physical prototype by producing engineering drawings, sourcing suppliers, working through procurement challenges, and leading final assembly on compressed timelines
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Detail-oriented with excellent critical thinking, communication, and time management skills
- Data-driven problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, triage, and fix mechanical, electrical, and software issues within production, design, and manufacturing
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or related technical field
- Experience with mechanical engineering in a regulated industry such as aerospace or medical
- Prior robotics hardware implementation experience
- Experience with industrial design, DFA, DFM
- Hands-on experience with additive manufacturing practices and operating associated hardware
- Ability to read an electrical schematic or PCB layout
- Basic experience with Python, C++ and Linux environments using command-line interfaces
- Experience in low- to medium-volume manufacturing environments involving large products
- Six Sigma training / certification
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing both static and dynamic systems
- Experience working within an early/growth-stage startup team
- Direct experience leading a mechanical team and or process
- Competitive salary + equity
- Unlimited PTO
At IUNU, we’re committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment. We are dedicated to the happiness and success of all of our employees, and strive to foster a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, nurtured, and respected. Diversity is important, and we strongly encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to confidently apply for a job with us if this is a role that interests and excites you. We want you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work with you, with all of your talents and strengths.
IUNU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs