Do you want to work with a fast-growing technology startup focused on increasing efficiency in agriculture? Do you want to work with robots and the latest in computer vision and machine learning tech on a daily basis?
Headquartered in Seattle, we are seeking an energetic, team-oriented and responsible individual to fill a full-time Data Pipeline Engineer position as part of our software engineering team.
iUNU’s core values revolve around grit, innovation, and doing the right thing. iUNU’s flat organizational structure lends itself to the person willing to speak their mind, and challenge the status quo in order to fulfill the ultimate mission of delivering the best solutions possible to our grower customers.
- Develop mission critical features for our data pipeline applications
- Rapidly triage and solve any instability within our infrastructure and maintain the highest operational standards for its performance
- Be aware of architectural strengths and weaknesses while constantly iterating on abstractions to ensure lean and reusable components
- Closely work with Product Development and Product Owners to efficiently size, groom and prioritize user stories in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Participate in code reviews, software architecture discussions, while delivering software that efficiently scales with our customers and evolving needs.
- Ensuring quality software through appropriate testing coverage, measurable performance metrics, and quality releases through continuous deployment
- Troubleshoot, triage, and fix production issues or bugs rapidly
- Strong understanding of Python 3.7+, library management and emerging Python standards and SQLAlchemy query abstractions
- 2+ years of experience with distributed task queues, ideally Celery
- Capable system operations and command line skills, particularly Ubuntu and BASH
- Extensive use and optimization of Postgres and extensions such as Trigram and Timescale. Understanding of single node replication and query optimization.
- Use of distributed and redundant databases and their support applications, such as Redis Sentinel and PG Bouncer
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker swarm.
- Scaling and monitoring of message broker applications, including RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ with redundancy and replication
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- BS Degree or equivalent experience